Healthy skin that glows from within can make you look years younger and give you more confidence at work and in your social life. If your skin is less than perfect, it is time to re-evaluate your beauty routine and figure out where you are going wrong.
Like all areas of the body, skin needs to be maintained on a daily basis to stay in great condition. A few simple lifestyle changes – from eating nutritious foods, to using the best self tanner to create a natural-looking glow – can help you get the beautiful skin you have always wanted.
1. Clean your skin with a gentle cleanser twice a day. Removing debris and leftover makeup residue can help you prevent breakouts and improve your skin’s tone and texture. If you are concerned about ageing, choose up a cleanser with retinol and an anti-aging vitamin complex.
2. Use a hydrating moisturiser immediately after washing your face. High-quality moisturisers keep skin soft and hydrated around the clock. For smoother and younger-looking skin, leave a deep moisturising treatment on overnight once a week.
3. Only use products that are formulated for your skin type. If you have oily skin, avoid oil-based products.
4. Wear sunscreen. Never underestimate the health risks associated with exposing your unprotected skin to sunlight. If premature wrinkles and skin cancer are not something you want to deal with in the future, start wearing a high-SPF sunscreen today. Remember to reapply your sunscreen every couple of hours or after you go swimming.
5. Get extra protection when spending time outdoors. If you plan on spending a few hours in direct sunlight, wear a sun hat and sunglasses with lenses that have ultraviolet protection.
6. Eat foods that are good for your skin. Fruits and cruciferous vegetables are not only great for your health, they can also help your skin fight ageing and environmental damage.
7. Get a tan with sunless tanning solutions. The best self tanner products on the market can deliver flawless results at a fraction of the time it would take you to get a real tan. To find the best self tanner, look for high-end formulas that are a shade or two darker than your natural skin colour.
8. Try homemade remedies. Lemon juice, tea tree oil and milk are just a few examples of easy-to-find ingredients that can be turned into amazing face masks and acne treatments.
9. Exfoliate once or twice a week to remove pore-clogging dirt and dead skin cells.
10. Get plenty of rest. Sleep is the key to preventing puffy eyes and dark circles. To look your best, you need to get at least seven hours of sleep every night.