We celebrate the start of the summer by replacing our old winter outfits with fresh new looks. So why not treat your skin to the same kind of summer-ready makeover you give your wardrobe? Because spray tanning is convenient and effective, it is one of the best solutions for taking skin from a pale winter tone to a vibrant bronze colour.
Whether you decide to use spray tanning products at home or schedule an appointment at a local salon, you only need one or two sessions to get a rich base tan you can easily maintain with simple colour touch-ups.
Spray Tanning Tips for a Smooth Summer Skin Transformation
- Exfoliate your body from head to toe. You should exfoliate before spray tanning, plus two to three times a week after. Exfoliating on a regular basis will give your skin that coveted youthful glow you see on models in magazines and television. When you plan to use spray tanning products, exfoliate 24 hours before application to clean your skin and give it plenty of time to recover. To optimise the quality of your spray tan, renew your skin and polish it to perfection with Norvell’s Renewing Sunless Exfoliator.
- Get a golden-brown tan with at-home spray tanning products or sessions at a local salon. If you are completely new to spray tanning, get familiar with how it works in a salon before you try to do it yourself at home. Your technician can help you understand how to choose shades that suit your skin tone and how to apply tanning mist properly at home. When choosing products for home tanning, reach for premium formulas with professional-quality blends.
- Moisturise to keep your skin healthy and prolong your tan. Moisturising goes hand in hand with sunless tanning because it keeps the skin’s texture silky smooth, prevents streaking and protects colour from fading. Try the hydrating moisturiser from Norvell’s body line to extend your tan’s lifespan and give your skin around-the-clock protection.
- Fill in colour gaps with instant tanners. Keep bronzers and illuminators at home to give your colour a fast lift in between spray tans. Stick to matte products for daily colour boosts. Shimmer-based bronzers are brighter and more dramatic, so they are ideal for special occasions and night-time events.
- Wear sunscreen every day. Tanning solutions rarely contain SPF, so it is entirely up to you to protect your skin from the damaging effects of UV rays. Keep a bottle of sunscreen near your front door and in your handbag so you never forget a single application. When you are at the beach, reapply your sunscreen often and wear a hat to shield your face.