If you use beauty products on a regular basis, chances are that you’ve already noticed a big difference to the way your face reacts to some ingredients compared to the skin on the rest of your body. Your face just happens to be the most sensitive area of your skin, which is why it needs to be treated with extra love and care.
If you haven’t done so yet, it’s important to tweak your facial self-tanning routine to get that coveted golden glow without clogging your pores or leaving any greasy residue. With a few small changes in your products and application techniques, the best fake tan for face is only a few pumps away.
Products and Preparation
While you can hide an unfortunate body tan, it’s a lot tougher to hide dark patches on your face and neck. The easiest way to get the best fake tan for face and minimise the risk of discolouration is to buy professional self-tanning products. Look for high-grade solutions that are designed for sensitive skin or specifically formulated for the face.
To get your face ready for application, exfoliate it with a gentle facial scrub. Apply moisturiser to your brows and hairline to protect your hair and avoid visible lines. If you have blonde hair, it’s a good idea to wear a hair net as an extra layer of protection. Hair nets are especially useful if you are planning on using an aerosol spray.
How to Apply
- Do a small patch test before you commit to a full application. In addition to giving you an idea of the colour you can expect, doing a test patch will help you avoid products that can irritate or dry out your skin. The best fake tan for your face should be a little darker than your natural skin tone.
- Find a well-lit space where you can clearly see your skin. Grab a mirror before you get started.
- Apply fake tan to your face slowly, by swirling it on your skin with the top of your fingertips. Be careful when applying tanner around your eyes and mouth. Stick to one application until you get comfortable with using the same self-tanning formula. In general, it’s always best to build colour over a few days instead of trying to create a deep tan in one shot. By gradually layering your colour, you can get risk-free results that look natural and healthy.
- Wash your hand thoroughly after you are finished.
- Reapply your tanner as needed. If you use foundation or other beauty products on a daily basis, your fake tan might fade quicker on your face than the rest of your body.